Sunday, July 4, 2010

My new baby

We have a new baby at our house. He is a Hereford/Angus cross bull calf, born June 16, 2010. I have to explain over and over again to my girls that he is NOT a cow. A cow is a bovine who has given birth. This is a male baby hence a bull calf. He still has all his parts. I named him Buddy since no one came up with anything better. Tom wanted him to be named Supper but I had to draw the line somewhere. I am continuously amazed at what a poor job I did in teaching them about farm life. I am thankful that I have been able to teach the boys a little bit more about where their food comes from and the circle of life. The little dog is chasing her tail round and round. What a weird dog. When we got Khaos she became the "litttle dog" as Buck is so much bigger. Now we have a quandary, with Peanut here she is no longer the "little dog". Now what can we call her? Medium dog just doesn't have the same ring to it.

2 comments:

Mary Connealy said...

TONJA!!! You have cattle? How sweet is that? There aren't that many of us!!!

Mary Connealy said...

Better name than Supper...........



...........


Sir Loin.

So he's sort of...regal...nobility, you know, and yet, ultimately, he's still ......... supper.